The local response by Black Country partners and communities to the impact of Covid-19 has been fantastic. We have seen new ideas and approaches to get and keep people active, local clubs and leisure operators offering staff and facilities to support wider community efforts to help and protect others – it is amazing to see team Black Country pulling together!
Only by working together, building understanding of the impact across the different parts of our sector will we be able to mitigate the impact and progress with our shared work in the future. Increasingly there is a lot of information to digest.
We have amended our page to make it easier to identify and access the appropriate resource for you and your organisations, including:
- Build understanding of the impact on the local sector.
- Suggestions on how to be Active at home.
- Black Country School Games Organisers to support PE at home.
- Specific guidance on safeguarding – which has different considerations at this time.
- Online support for coaches, volunteers and community and 3rd sector organisations and sport clubs.
- Emergency Funding for clubs and organisations.
Latest government guidance
From Wednesday 13 May people can go outside more than once a day for exercise as long as they're following social distancing guidelines, alone, with members of their household, or with one person from outside of their household.
Sport England has been working with Government on the detail. That can be found here.
Please continue to follow the government’s guidance on how to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, by reviewing the advice provided by the NHS.