Walking and Cycling
Free Canal Community Activities
October to December 2018
Come and explore the newly improved local canal network by taking part in our free programme of activities open to everyone!
We have led walks, led rides, treasure hunts and many more activities to get involved with. We believe that the local canal network offers an excellent place for the community to explore and get in touch with nature whilst being active and staying healthy. You will be able to discover hidden habitats in your community on our wildlife walks, whilst travelling on a part of the region’s industrial heritage.
These activities are funded by Transport for West Midlands supported by Active Black Country and delivered by Sustrans, with the aim of raising awareness of the newly improved canal towpaths in the Black Country. These upgrades were funded by the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership.
For more information on each of the events and to reserve your place visit the Eventbrite website: www.networkwestmidlands.com/canalcommunities or by looking at the Network West Midlands social media pages.
If you have any questions regarding the events or for any additional information please contact: Mitchell.Robinson@tfwm.org.uk
January to March 2019
The following lists the schedule for early 2019. Further details will be available in due course:
- Dr. Bike: Sunday 13th January – Sandwell, 11:00-13:00
- Led Ride: Sunday 13th January – Sandwell, 13:00-15:00
- Led Walk: Sunday 27th January – Wolverhampton, 11:00-13:00
- Wildlife Walk (Winter Trees): Sunday 27th January – Wolverhampton, 14:00-15:00
- Nature Treasure Hunt: Friday 22nd February (Half Term) – Wolverhampton, 11:00-12:00
- Wildlife Walk: Friday 22nd February – Wolverhampton, 13:00-14:00
- Dr. Bike: Friday 22nd February – Wolverhampton, 15:00-17:00
- Led Walk (Heritage theme): Saturday 23rd February – Sandwell, 11:00-13:00
- Led Ride (Heritage theme): Saturday 23rd February – Sandwell, 14:00-16:00
- Led Walk ‘Spring Stroll’: Saturday 9th March – Wolverhampton, 11:00-13:00
- Wildlife Walk (Spring theme): Saturday 9th March – Wolverhampton, 14:00-15:00
- Dr. Bike: Saturday 23rd March – Wolverhampton, 12:00-14:00
- Led Ride: Saturday 23rd March – Wolverhampton, 14:00-16:00
- Family cycling event: Saturday 30th March, meet at 10:45