Tender Opportunity: Black Country Wayfinding Platform
Active Black Country (ABC) have identified the need to invest in the development of a bespoke wayfinding platform in conjunction with the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Commonwealth Active Communities funding has been secured for the region which will enable the development and delivery of a modernised activity finder that uses open data technology to enable residents and the paid and volunteer workforce in the Black Country to find and book onto activity opportunities (both virtual and face to face) that are suitable to their situation, profile and preferences. Considerable research has been undertaken on this subject over the course of the last 2 years – consultation with 60 Black Country health professionals in late 2021 clearly demonstrated that the single largest barrier preventing them from referring more into physical activity is a lack of knowledge of suitable local opportunities.
The platform will be community facing and it is envisaged to be a tool that;
- healthcare and allied health professionals will be able to utilise to enable pathways from primary and secondary care to physical activity
- education professionals will utilise to source appropriate third-party support for physical activity within schools
- general public will use as part of a wider campaign to activate a legacy of physical activity from the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Invite to tender distributed 06/05/2022
- Tender submission deadline 18/05/2022
- Developer appointment 20/05/2022
- Design and development May and June 2022
- Local testing June 2022
- Platform launch July 2022
- Games start 28/07/2022
The fee quotation should contain a detailed breakdown of all costs, inclusive of all expenses and VAT where applicable.
Quotations should be received by Tim Aldred to email@example.com by the 18th May 2022.
Latest news from Active Black CountryView all news
The go-to place for schools to find local organisations to support their physical activity provision.
Timely data and learnings in relation to physical activity and sport in the Black Country and the added value we can offer.
Resources and videos to support the Black Country sport & physical activity workforce, sports clubs and community organisations.