Our core purpose is to understand the region's communities and residents, connect and collaborate with partners and influence policy, strategy, investment and delivery of interventions.
What We Do
We work collaboratively with a range of local partners to inspire and enable people to lead an active lifestyle.
- We continue to develop a deep understanding of the Black Country and its people.
- We provide insight into the needs of local residents and partner priorities via the ‘Black Country Insight Hub’
- We develop the right opportunities for people to start and stay being active through bringing partnerships together to enable delivery of a range of diverse, inclusive and attainable activities.
- We support existing partners and providers to promote and grow the variety of opportunities available for local people.
- We secure investment for the Black Country.
- We provide training and advice.
- We run events, campaigns and forums across the region.
- We gather evidence and evaluation to advocate and champion the Black Country.
Each of our priority themes has respective objectives, priorities and a set of key work areas at any given time. The theme objectives and associated work areas support the implementation of ‘Towards An Active Black Country’. More information on the key areas of work against each theme can be seen in the boxes to the right.
The go-to place for schools to find local organisations to support their physical activity provision.
Timely data and learnings in relation to physical activity and sport in the Black Country and the added value we can offer.
Resources and videos to support the Black Country sport & physical activity workforce, sports clubs and community organisations.