We work collaboratively with a range of local partners to inspire and enable people to lead an active lifestyle, creating a broad and diverse range of opportunities for individuals that are both inclusive and attainable.
Our core purpose is to understand the regions communities and residents, connect and collaborate with partners and influence policy, strategy, investment and delivery of interventions.
- We continue to develop a deep understanding of the Black Country and its people.
- We provide insight into the needs of local residents and partner priorities via the ‘Black Country Insight Hub’
- We develop the right opportunities for people to start and stay being active through bringing partnerships together to enable delivery of a range of diverse, inclusive and attainable activities.
- We support existing partners and providers to promote and grow the variety of opportunities available for local people.
- We secure investment for the Black Country.
- We provide training and advice.
- We run events, campaigns and forums across the region.
- We gather evidence and evaluation to advocate and champion the Black Country.
Each of our priority themes has respective objectives, priorities and a set of key work areas at any given time. The theme objectives and associated work areas support the implementation of ‘Towards An Active Black Country’. More information on the key areas of work against each theme can be seen in the boxes to the right.