Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the start of the 2020/2021 school games season will look a little different.
Virtual competitions will run from September 2020 to December 2020.
Each competition will have an activity card (including description, key points etc), and an entry form for schools to submit their scores.
Each activity will have a live leader board for each event. There will be a Local Authority competition which will run for two weeks followed by a Battle of the Black Country to determine the overall winners as well.
Each month there will be a new competition, which will last for 3 weeks in total. After competing, each school will submit their scores online.
14th September - 2nd October: Personal Challenge: Active Mile
5th October - 23rd October: Skipping
2nd November - 20th November: Multi Skills
23rd November - 11th December: Sports Hall Athletics
Weeks 1-2 – Battle of Dudley/Sandwell/Walsall/Wolverhampton:
- Schools compete against other schools from their Local Authority area (Level 0/1/2)
- A live Local Authority leaderboard will allow schools to see how they are performing and improve their score throughout the week
- Awards for winning schools per LA will be distributed by the SGO’s
- Awards for individuals per LA will be distributed by the SGO’s
Week 3 – Battle of the Black Country:
- Schools have a further week to compete against other schools from across the Black Country (Level 3) and improve their scores from the Local Authority competition.
- A live leaderboard will allow schools to see how they are performing and improve their score throughout the week
- Awards for the winning schools will be distributed by Active Black Country
- Awards for individuals will be distributed by Active Black Country
- There will also be an award for the winning Local Authority for the Battle of the Black Country competition
All the details can be found below. Good luck everyone!