This dataset is provided by the Department for Education and shows the proportion of 16 and 17 year olds who are known to the Local Authority in which they reside who are not in formal education, employment or training.
The data shows an average of information collected across December 2017 to February 2018.
The proportion of 16 and 17 year olds who aren’t in employment, education or training is lower in the Black Country than it is across the rest of the country. Active Black Country prioritise working with both young people and the long-term unemployed and recently took part in a pilot project with the Department for Work and Pensions whereby 10 young people classified as ‘furthest away from the jobs market’ were given the opportunity to volunteer at a local sports organisation to obtain transferable skills. Go to our Learnings section for further information.
View another workforce dataset
- 1 Labour Market Profile; 2019
- 2 Number of Sport, Leisure and Recreation Apprenticeships; 2017-18
- 3 Number of Total Apprenticeships by Level; 2018-19
- 4 Sports Jobs and Contribution to GVA
- 5 Volunteering to Support Sport and Physical Activity – Adults 2019
- 6 Volunteering to Support Sport and Physical Activity – CYP; Sport England
- 7 Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training; 2018